Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I know how you feel...

Today an old Asian-looking woman approached me and said "excuse me" and handed me a piece of paper. On the paper it said "I want to go to Quincy Center station". I pointed to the side where she needed to be and said "Just go one more station." She gave me a cockeyed look, and I realized she really had no idea what I just said. "Here," I said pointing, "One". "One? Ok." she said to me and went to the platform to wait.

Oh, I know how it feels to walk around with a piece of paper and hope someone tells you something you can understand...

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog (you comment on blogs I read... heehee). I like it so far.

    It is interesting how much more empathetic we become to foreigners in the US after living abroad, no?

    ReplyDelete