Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The North End


The North End of Boston is famous for its Italian food. We took a trip in here last Friday night for a little treat for ourselves. 

Our first stop was at an eatery called L'Osteria which served up a decent chicken, broccoli and ziti. The prices were quite reasonable, I think.


 For desert, we couldn't not go to one of the North End's Italian bakeries. I picked up a canoli for me and my mom and my friend got some yummy Italian cookies.




I have no idea how you make these cookies, but they are quite different from the kind of cookies you buy in  the supermarket. They are not particularly sweet, and a bit drier than the standard supermarket cookies too, but for some reason, I love them because of this.


No trip to Boston is complete without a stop by here. Just a few minute walk from Faneuil Hall Marketplace, be sure to stop by here on your next trip! 

No comments:

Post a Comment