Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow in Boston, but not quite like what is hitting Seoul today


Here's a photo from the JoongAng Daily from Seoul today. I've already gotten messages from 3 people about how bad the snow is over there. First it was my boyfriend, who it took 5 hours to get from Yongpyong Ski Resort to Seoul this morning to get to work. Then an old co-worker informed me that she walked 30 minutes through the snow to SLP this morning to find out that classes were canceled for the day. Great communication. Then another friend IMed me from work but he had already decided he was gonna have an easy day with his kids.

Our cat, don't ask me to spell her name, because I can't. We never gave her a proper name because she adopted us, instead of the other way around.

Boston, too, has gotten it's fair share of snow, but not nearly as bad. It has been snowing more or less continuously for the past two days, but just a gentle snowfall that has only accumulated a few inches of the light stuff. Driving looked bad this morning as the plows hadn't gotten out, but by evening, it didn't look so bad out there... not that I was driving....

Me, actually shoveling...

My mom actually convinced me to get off my lazy butt and shovel with her. After we had shoveled out everything, we decided to go downtown, despite the snow. We really didn't do much, we were hoping to see the ice sculptures, but the only one we saw appears to have already been vandalized because there were ice blocks all around the base and I couldn't make out what it was supposed to be. Nothing photo worthy... Then we stopped by Macy's to check out their store and compare it to ours. If you've ever worked at a retail store (or any sort of company with many branches) it's amazing how interesting it can be to go into another branch and compare and critique their work. I used to do it all the time when I worked for Borders back in the day.

Boston Common

Quincy Market in Fanuil Hall

Then we walked down to Fanuil Hall, walked through a few stores and got dinner at The Blackstone Grill in that area. Then we headed home. Nothing exciting, but it was very pretty with all the snow. Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment