This week I decided to try my hand at making kimchi bokkumbap (or kimchi fried rice). To some people who don't eat kimchi all the time, it might not be an appealing sounding dish, but ohho, let me tell you, it's one of the great dishes Korea has to offer.
My students always tell me that this is the easiest dish to cook. Usually when I ask them to write instructions on how to do/make something, they always seem to choose kimchi bokkumbap because it's something most older kids know how to make. It's pretty easy.
1) Chop up whatever veggies you want to stir fry in your bokkumbap. I chose onion and garlic, but feel free to be creative.
2) put some oil in the pan and fry up your veggies for a few mins.
3) After they've been frying for a few mins, add your kimchi and fry that for a few more mins.
4) Add your rice and fry that for a while.
5) For extra flavor, add some sesame oil.
6) You're done! Top with fried egg and or seaweed and sesame seeds for more flavor!
7) 많이 먹어요! Eat a lot! Enjoy!