Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Inaka: Lawrence, MA

After a long day of skiing on Monday at Mt. Sunapee, my friend treated me to an amazing dinner of sushi at Inaka in Lawrence, MA. She went all out and ordered eight different orders of sushi, as you can see from this picture.


The chefs here are amazing and make some of the best sushi I've ever had. It's really up there with the sushi I ate in Japan. Some of the flavors are much more American, of course. We had a nice cream cheese, cucumber and salmon filled sushi (see middle of photo) that even my mom ate, and she generally refuses to eat sushi. The one to the top right is Jim's Scallop Maki. Sushi topped with baked scallops. A little hard to eat, but worth the effort because the combination of tastes was just amazing. The two front rolls were not my favorite, since they both have fish eggs which I don't particularly care for.


All in all, an amazing sushi treat, which I'm sure I won't see the likes of until I take another trip to Japan (or back to Inaka, whichever comes first)


We also ordered some sides of fried mandu (dumplings) and lobster soup. Both were amazing, and it makes me want to go back to Korea so I can eat more dumplings all the time.

As you can see, this tea looks a little strange. It's not clear, but is very green. This is the exact kind of tea that I was served in Tokyo. I've never seen it outside of Japan before. I know it's green tea, but I don't know how it's different from the green tea you get normally. All I know is, is that it's the best green tea I've ever had. It's not quite as bitter as normal green tea that one usually has at home or in restaurants. Don't get me wrong, I like the stuff I have in my house, but this stuff is amazing. When I asked the staff about it, they said they import it directly from Japan. Makes sense, since I've never seen it elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment