Thursday, January 21, 2010

shopping for bedding...

I've been having the hardest time finding bedding that will fit my bed. We bought a double size bed used, but I have found that it is impossible to find double sized sheets and blankets. There are several types of beds in Korea:
Single (slightly more narrow than a twin size at home)
Super Single (slightly larger than a twin size at home)
Double
Queen
King

It would seem as though not many people make double beds anymore. Maybe they are a thing of the past?? We searched lotte mart, E-mart and Gmarket. The only place where we had marginal luck was Gmarket, but even there, only select styles are available in double sizes.

You know, I wouldn't mind buying a queen sized blanket, seeing as how blankets tend to be on the small size, they don't hang very far off the bed on either side, they tend to just cover the top, but I would like my sheets to fit the bed. I hate the feeling of waking up in the middle of the night to find yourself on the bare mattress because your sheets have popped off...

And of course, the other problem is the price. Bedding seems to be super expensive. I mean, I guess it is at home too, but I would really like something on the cheap side. I hate spending money... I've seen people selling their used blankets online, but I feel like a blanket is something rather personal that I don't want to share with others...

Well, I hope I find something soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment