Sunday, March 22, 2009

The #1 Reason Why I love this country: Dressing Up

I was walking by Doksugung Palace Saturday, and we happened to go by during the changing of the guard ceremony. I've seen it before, and we were sort of in a rush, so we didn't stop to watch, but as I passed by, I saw a tent set up called "Free Traditional Clothes-Wearing Experience". Now, really, who could turn down something with a name like that???
Here's me, getting tied in.
I think this is the best photo of me....


... But this one is nice too, and it has the palace in the background....


And here's me with some guys dressed up in guard uniforms. They wanted a photo with me too.. HAHA. This is me in a guard uniform at the Korean Folk Village in Suwon in October. Not the most flattering photo of me actually....
Here's me over the summer at the Hi Seoul festival. The ROK military had a tent set up. God only knows why, but they had fun uniforms to try on....

Man, I love this country sometimes..................

3 comments:

  1. sweet! i wanna dress up to, you should bring those back to the states and where them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is super cool! I came upon it when I was doing a search for that Cruise ship on the top of a hill. My husband is in Korea for a few more days filming the women's curling and he took a photo of it but gave me no details. I was very intrigued, did a search and here I am.
    Have a good week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The puppet lady ROK thing is very weird and creepy! You look great in the hanbok though!!!

    ReplyDelete