Monday, December 27, 2010

Sleepless in Osaka

Howdy all, Im updating from my couchsurfers house in Osaka. You'll have to excuse any poor spelling and punctuation here as I'm updating to you from my iPod. I arrived arround 330 and got to he couchsurfers house by 6. She helped me go through the maps I picked up from the airport and then we went out to dinner. She took me to a nice litle yakidori(grilled chicked) place. Lots of good stuff on sticks. I was a little shocked to see the bill. I was going to pay for her dinner but when I realized that the bill was nearly 6000 yen (nearly 80,000 won) I begrudgingly took 2000 yen from her to cover some of the bill. When I arrived atthe airport I had 7000 yen which I exchanged at gimpo airport before coming. ThT was almost completely spent upon my ariv when I bought a 3 day subway pass and a bus ticket to the city. So, while I was hoping this would be a budget trip, I think it's going to be a bit mote than I planned. I just have to make sure that when I'm arround by myself that I sample the best of the 7/11 cuisine ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ.

After goin to bed arround 10pm, which is much earler than my normal bed time, I found myself hopelessly awake around 230am. The current time is now 520and I still haven't slept a wink since I woke up. I'm thanking god right now(whichever god is in charge of all things mechanical) for this iPod and the fact that even though my host doesn't have wireless, that I'm picking up a working(semiworking) signAl from somewhere else. Otherwise I'd be going mad right now with nothing to do.

Tomorrow(no wait...today) I'm going to meet a japanse friend from my sat. Korean class in the afternoon and hopefully get in some sightseeing . There's actually not much to see in Osaka , and even less this week due to the new years holiday which is a big deal here in japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment