Wednesday, June 9, 2010

FC Seoul vs Jejudo

Sunday I ventured out to World Cup Stadium to see FC Seoul vs. Jejudo. It was actually my second soccer match in Korea, but I forgot my camera when I went to my first game last year, so I never blogged about it.

Last time we sat on the sides, but this time we sat behind the goal in the FC Seoul fan's area. Here there's not much of a chance to sit down. There are some song leaders that keep everyone on their feet singing, chanting, clapping and basically going wild.


Before the game, everyone was asked to hold their fans up and show the Korean flag. I wish I knew where they got those fan thingies though...

Anyway, the game was great... at least for FC Seoul. 5-1 win against Jejudo. They never really had much of a chance, FC Seoul simply dominated the field most of the game. I was actually impressed that they scored at all.

This was great game for me to prepare for the World cup, which starts on Friday! For all you people who are clueless about the World Cup, it's a soccer tournament held every 4 years. This year it's being held in Johannesburg, South Africa and it's looking like it's going to be a great few weeks of soccer watching. All the teams I care about (aka all the countries I have some emotion for... I know nothing about soccer skills) are all playing; South Korea, USA and Chile. In an interesting note, North Korea is also playing and I'm excited to watch their games... mostly because it's North Korea... but unfortunately, they're grouped with Brazil and Portugal and they don't stand a chance to make it to the second round.

Korea's first game is Saturday night, so be prepared for craziness around the city. I may be going to Gwanghwamun where the biggest gathering of fans should be. I don't really expect to see much of the game around there, but it should be a fun time just being with a bunch of crazy fans! Evidently, at World Cup stadium, they're offering camping supplies to anyone who wants to camp out there for the night. Personally, I'm not sure how I feel about camping out on concrete for the heck of it, but who knows, I find out that something really exciting is going on there, maybe I'll go there instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment