Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Playing a waiting game...

Nowadays I wake up every morning and check the won/dollar exchange rate and I am faced with the daunting question. To transfer money home or not? The exchange rate is at least 20 cents higher than it was 6 months ago, and in the past week it's jumped several cents (which is quite a bit when you're transferring large amounts of money). I know right now the exchange rate is excellent, and if I were smart, I'd transfer lots of money now. But now I keep gambling that it will go higher. I remember doing this months ago and loosing money by waiting. I need to learn from my mistakes of the past and get this good exchange rate while it's here. But... what if it's even better next week. I could be out a few hundred dollars by rushing... Oh dilemmas, dilemmas...

Maybe I'll just wait one more day....

Today's exchange rate:
0.843 dollars/ 1,000 won
1.00 dollar/ 1,186 won

No comments:

Post a Comment