Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hi Seoul Festival! (Part I)


Today we headed over to the Hi Seoul Festival in Yeouido. We saw many interesting sights. I wrote Part I here, because hopefully we'll make our way over there again this week. This picture shows the 63 Tower. It is one of the tallest (if not the tallest building in Seoul). People were able to go kayaking in the Han River here. When we got a closer look, there were tons of ajummas paddling in the water. Why are they all in better shape than me. They are all at least 45 years older than me....


There were giant colorful balls covered in cloth that kids were pushing around everywhere. I almost got run over a few times actually. Very dangerous these large balls.

So, evidently, in an attempt to recruit us into the ROK army, they let us try on military outfits. Well, I don't think I'll be joining the military any time soon, but it's always fun to dress up..........


Pull the lever and get water dumped on you. That's the way we play this game. Thought, it was so hot, it was kind of tempting......


Hangang Fantasy Show. You just need to see it to understand. Thats all I have to say.


So just as things started picking up...... well, as you can see, it started to rain. But, the good thing is that they have performances for the next few days. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer. All I know is that the show started out with a rock band (that included a violinist.. kick butt) that flew through the air. How much more awesome can life get.. eh? Don't forget the Monster Ballet that is supposed to start at 21:00 at night for the next two days. What is a monster ballet? Well, although I'm not completely sure, it sounds like construction equipment that dances to classical music. Think backhoes and bulldozers. Why wouldn't you check this thing out????? I will post any more cool hi Seoul stuff I see out there!!!

2 comments:

  1. heyyy the seoul festival looks awesome hope you had fun. great pics! dont join the army though auntie val would never forgive you

    love ya
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the outfit, you should wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete