Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Me on Arirang Radio and in 10 Magazine!


I haven't been posting much on the blog these days, I've been insanely busy between work, grad school and studying Chinese, but I haven't been completely off the air, so to speak. On February 15th, I was invited as a guest on Arirang radio. The program Catch the Wave hosts a weekly program called 'I Heart Korea' where they feature local ex-pats who happen to love Korea. Thanks to the Qi Ranger for throwing my name out there.


While in the studio, I saw a very familiar face and realized that I had been sitting next to none other than Hyun Woo Sun from Talk to Me in Korean. I've been hearing his voice and watching his videos since 2008, back when he mainly worked with Koreanclass101.com. Anyway, I introduced myself and the three of us, with Adriane, the host of the program got a photo together. Apparently Talk to Me in Korean has a weekly Korean language segment on Catch the Wave where they teach fun Korean expressions every week.


It was really interesting to go to their broadcasting studio. I've never been in a place like that before and it was kind of exciting to be in that kind of environment. And, I must say, much less stressful than filming for TV.

To listen to the program, click here: 
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-heart-korea-15-feb-2013/id573385074?i=132939732


But, not only that, but for the past few months I've been contributing to 10 Magazine here in Seoul as a food writer. Here are my most recent contributions:

Chang Su Rin: Thai Take-Out
January 2013

Pyong Ga Ok
February 2013

100 Best Dishes at the Country's Best Restaurants
Traveler's Picks 1-5
March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment