Friday, June 5, 2009

Going to Gyongju


This weekend I'm taking a trip to Gyeongju to take in some new sites. I'm leaving directly after work today and I won't be back until Sunday evening. Gyeongju is a small city in Southern Korea about 4 hours by car from Seoul (sure is nice to know people with cars...). It's a rather special city because it was the capital of Korea during the Shilla Dynasty (1st Century BCE -9th Century AD). The city is often referred to as the museum without walls because of the numerous historical places that can be seen just by walking around the downtown area. We'll be staying at a min-bak wich is a traditional style guesthouse of sorts. Generally you need to sleep on the floor, and it looks like this one has a kitchen too. I hope to have lots of photos for you next week when I'm back, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. no,GyungJu was capital of Shilla, BC 57 ~ AD 935, Until Shilla surrenderd to Goryo dynasty.

    ReplyDelete