Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The kimchi in my fridge .... or the perks of having a Korean boyfriend....

Soooooo.... my boyfriend decided that I don't have enough kimchi in my life and found a "great deal" on one of the Korean online shopping websites. While prices of kimchi are rising with the cost of food prices around the world, if you buy online in bulk, you can get much cheaper prices than your local E-mart. The "great deal" wound up being 10 kilos (yes, 10 kilos, more than 20 pounds) of kimchi for a piddling 18,000 won. Great price for him, since he cooks at my house almost every day. Not so great for me. Now I have 10 kilos of kim chi in my fridge. Every time I open the door, all I can smell is kimchi. Not to mention, now we have to eat all that kimchi. Don't get me wrong.... I like kim chi... but... I'm not sure how I feel about this one...

3 comments: