Monday, October 3, 2011

Tbilisi Flea Market and Art Market


As I mentioned in my last post, we found a weekend flea market and art market along the river in Tbilisi, only about a 10 minute walk from Freedom Square. The selection had a few interesting things that you don't see everyday in Seoul, even in Hwanghak-dong


According to blogs I've read, some schools still use abacuses in the classroom. Hard to believe in this day and age. I wouldn't even know how to use one if I wanted to. 


I couldn't believe this car, with all the wares for sale on the hood and roof, with the whole family inside. I took a photo and the old man in the driver's seat insisted on checking out the photo. He and the family got a good kick out of the photo. 


Relics of soviet times are everywhere in the market. It would be a collector's dream come true. 


We found an art market set up in the park next to the street with the flea market. I wonder how much these paintings go for?



No comments:

Post a Comment