Sunday, October 19, 2008

Smog... yuck... *cough*

Up until the past week/ week and a half I've been very impressed by the low level of smog in the air in Seoul. For a city of 11 million people the air has been remarkably clean. Not to say that it's like being out in the wilderness, but I've certainly been in smaller cities with much worse pollution. Or I thought that until this past week. It seems as though a thick layer of smog has settled over the city with no intention of leaving as far as I can see. I was sick this past week, as were most people at work... and the smog didn't make me feel any better. Or is it more than a coincidence that everyone started getting sick as soon as the air quality took a nosedive with the won?


Here is a side by side comparison of a view out of my window last July, and a view out of my window today. Granted, it is a little cloudy today, but I can't even tell where the clouds begin and the smog end.

If you don't believe me, here is another picture from Olympic park yesterday. I was trying to get a view of the gate from the hill, but you can barely see it it's so smoggy. This is far from downtown too. Oh, and it was NOT cloudy yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment