Sunday, May 24, 2009

Children's Day

May 5th was Children's Day in Korea. This is a day to treat children to presents and fun activities. We had the day off from school, and that is when I went to China. The Friday before Children's Day, we had a celebration at SLP. The kids got to go to the gym and play games for about 45 minutes, then they got a "snack party" which actually just consisted of a bag of Cheetos, a nasty sugar drink and some candy and they got 40 minutes to sit around and eat it. I probably should have played a game or something with them, but they just happily chatted and ate and shared their food, so I just let them be.

I didn't really think I would get much teaching done, so during class time I made some origami faces of "brother" and "sister" and "mom" and "dad" since that was our vocabulary for the week. It had actually been on the lesson plan for earlier in the week, but I rarely have time to do art projects on a normal day.

Instead of having our usual Friday story time, we brought them down to the gym to watch a DVD. Trust me, Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (the original) and 4 and 5 year old kids don't mix well.

Here's some photos from the day:





No comments:

Post a Comment