Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Covered Bridge in Vermont

I bought a bunch of post cards a week ago with the idea that I would send them out as thank you cards to those who gave us nice gifts for our housewarming party. All the prettiest post cards had covered bridges on them so I wound up getting four post cards with photos of different covered bridges in Vermont. Then I realized that I had never seen one for myself and started to wonder where all these bridges were hiding. But, today, in a quest to find the home of the officiant for my friend's wedding way far out in the countryside of Vermont we actually had to cross a covered bridge to get to the house. So, of course, being me, I shouted for my friend to pull over so I could take a few photos because I may never get this opportunity again... So, for those of you who have never seen or heard of a covered bridge, here is a real live (photo of) one for you to see: 

 Just a typical New England covered bridge

 Inside the covered bridge. Yes, it is completely made of wood. 

The officiant's mailbox was actually built into the bridge.  Wish I could tell people to leave my mail at the bridge....


View from the other side...

2 comments:

  1. It is my first time to see this kind of covered bridge.Simple but a strong bridge though it is made up of woods.

    covered bridge weddings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first time to see this kind of covered bridge.Simple but it looks strong though it is made of woods.

    covered bridge weddings

    ReplyDelete