Thursday, December 20, 2012

Reiley's Taphouse


Riley's Taphouse in Itaewon just opened about a month ago, but it's already a huge hit among ex-pats and Koreans alike. Their specialty? A huge variety of brews, domestic and import alike and a food menu pairing their beers with their amazing cuisine. 


Oh, and when I say domestic and import beers, I'm not talking about Cass and Heineken, I'm talking about craft beers from Magpie, Craftworks, Indica, Lost Coast Brewery, and Alley Cat among many many others. They advertise that they have 20 beers on tap at the moment with another 20 more taps that may be opened in the future.


Their menu seems to be expanding every time I visit. This past weekend I saw a new menu, "Beer Cocktails" including "beergarita", "gindica" and "brussian". I'm a little curious, but also slightly afraid...


If you're into high end Japanese beer, they have a huge selection of beers from the Japanese brewery Hitachino. They're a little out of my price range (9,000-34,500), but the bottles look quite cute, so if you're willing to splurge, it could be worth it.


The other thing I liked instantly about this place was the atmosphere. Lots of tables, a nice long bar... it feels like a proper pub. The music (at least early in the evening when I went) was not too loud. The thing I hate about drinking in Itaewon sometimes, is the blaringly loud music that prevents me from having a conversation with my friends. The music here is tasteful and at a reasonable volume for socializing. I hope it stays that way.


Reiley's Taphouse is impossible to miss. It's on the main drag of Itaewon on the 3rd floor across from KB Bank. From Itaewon Station, exit 2, walk straight and it will be on you left.

Reiley's Taphouse
123-32 Itaewon-dong 
Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea 
010-5189-2327

1 comment: