Saturday, April 18, 2009

Just because they are white, doesn't mean they speak English...

I went to see a movie last night. We were even on the CGV website to find a good movie to watch (it's kind of the wrong time of year to find a "good" movie). Anyway, we found one that looked like a fighting/martial arts movie that looked pretty cool. We even watched the preview, but it was dubbed over in Korean, but, we figured, hey, they're white, aka, it's a movie we can watch and understand. We couldn't figure out the title... It didn't seem Korean, but we couldn't translate it either... but, whatever.

We got our tickets, we sat down, and we were watching watching, and all of a sudden the actors start talking... but... it wasn't English.... it was French. We both looked at each other with the same thought. Good god, we just paid 7,000 won to watch a French movie subtitled in Korean. Well, it was an action movie, so we watched. The fight scenes were cool, but we still have no idea what the movie was about.... I tried my best to read the subtitles, since my Korean is far better than my French. Unfortunately, my Korean reading skills are painfully slow, hard as I try to improve on this skill. I was only able to translate one entire sentence in the whole movie. -_-

Anyway, if you get a chance to see this movie with ENGLISH subtitles, it's a pretty decent movie.... I think....

3 comments:

  1. At least you managed to squeeze some enjoyment out of it because it was action. A drama would've probably driven you from the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee....I knew it was French as soon as I saw your poster! Then again...I live in French Canada....

    Banlieue 13 is probably the name of a commuter train? That's what five years of reading commuter-rail maps that are labeled "Trains de Banlieue" tells me anyway....I really have no idea....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I duno, there was no train in this movie... but then again, I guess it's a sequel, so the original could have had a train in it....

    ReplyDelete