Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vietnam: Last day in Nha Trang

Well, today is January first and we've been in Nha Trang for a week. Today we're heading out and flying back to Ho Chi Minh City. All in all, we've had a good time here in Nha Trang, but we're still dissapointed that it rained every day since we've been here.

Yesterday we headed back to the mud baths we found before. We spent about 4 1/2 hours there this time instead of 1 1/2 hours. They let us sit longer in the mud this time too. Then we swam around in the mineral water swimming pools for hours, switching pools to vary the temperature. They had 5 different pools. They also had this waterfall that you could sit under and let the water pound your back. That was fun.

Tuesday we went and got an 80 minute foot, head and back massage. This was great, and the back massage was with hot stones which was sooo nice. I got this all for $10 USD. Not bad at all. Then we wondered back and went shopping. I hadn't done much shopping since I've been here, so I got that all out of the way. I picked up some beautiful paintings on rice paper and silk for so cheap. Only $4 USD each for a nice size. I also found some beautiful paintings on laquered wood. I bought three and they were each 120,000 dong each. That is a little expencive to me, but actually rediculusly cheap. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all this art, but I like the idea of having a cool house someday with things from every country I've been to. Ha, doubt that will ever happen.

New Years in Nha Trang was probably the best night out we've had so far. We bar hopped around, and while we weren't incredibly impressed with any of the places we went to, this one bar called Guava seemed to have the most excitement we've seen so far. They also had a boy performing various feats such as swallowing knives, eating hot coals, eating fire and the most rediculus of all was taking a snake (just a little harmless garter snake or something) and sticking it up his nose and pushing it down and through his mouth. Hardly anyone clapped for him, and I felt bad. I think we were all just staring in shock at the things he was doing.

Anyway, I still need to pack and get ready to head for Ho Chi Minh now. I also want to get out and take some photos before I leave too. I hope I have enough time!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a good time, even if you had lots of rain. I hope you got some pics--put 'em up, we're waiting! Very least, you could take some shots of the artwork you picked up.

    Incidentally, no Cheezits, but I'm sure I've seen Doritos here in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JoJo! Sounds like you have been having a blast! I am so jealous!!! I am freezing my ass off up in VT, I can't wait to visit you in your house and look at all of your lovely art. And I want to go with the next time you go to another country art shopping, lol. Happy New Year!

    Miss ya,

    ~ Thomas

    ReplyDelete