Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Longshan Temple, Taipei City, Taiwan

Longshan Temple is the oldest temple in Taipei. It was constructed in 1738 by settlers from Fujian, China. The temple is an excelent example of traditionl Chinese archetecture, although it has been rebuilt many times over the past three centuries due to earthquakes, fires and bombings. It's surprising how little information I could find out about this temple on the web. Everyone and their brother has posted pictures from their visit, like I have here, but the only other information I was able to find about the temple was that it worships a mixture of Buddhist, Taoist and folk deities. If anyone has more information about this temple, I'd love to know more. The temple has a website, but it's all in Chinese, so I can't read it.


I love all the dragons on the roofs here....





No comments:

Post a Comment