Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Traveler's Medical Insurance

I decided to get medical insurance for my trip to Chile, since I don't have any medical insurance in the States. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. While I can give no claim to how well this medical insurance works (and I hope I will not have to find out), I did find this site to purchase traveler's medical insurance: http://www.insuremytrip.com/

This site will give you side by side comparisons of all the medical insurance that is available to you in your state. The prices were very reasonable, and you can call for assistance, for free, as well. When I called, the man I spoke with suggested I get a $0 deductible, so that they will reimburse any medical expenditures. You can also choose to pay a little more and get hazardous sport insurance, like I did, since I might be going skiing. All in all, I think I paid around $24 for two weeks. I think thats quite acceptable, as long as it really does work.

1 comment:

  1. Good call on getting extra coverage while traveling. If one is engaging in adventure sports, its good to check out www.imultisport.com

    ReplyDelete